CareerHacker is a trading name of WhiteHat Group Ltd. WhiteHat Group Ltd ("We" or “WhiteHat”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the internet and within digital transactions. We are based in the United Kingdom and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the UK Data Protection Act (no. ZA170420).
As prescribed within the prevailing data protection regulations, you have several rights connected to the provision of your personal data to WhiteHat using our website and applications. These include your rights to request that we:
- confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
- correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which may be held about you
- change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data, where that is the legal basis for its processing
- provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere
- stop processing your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
- permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this)
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
We will only collect, process, store and share your personal information to the extent that it is necessary either:
- for legitimate and genuine business purposes to administer your account or to provide you the services you have requested from us (as laid out on our Site and in our Terms of Service) by signing up to the WhiteHat platform and completing our application process; or
- where we are legally required to do so; or
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
- where you have signed a contract with us to process data in order to fulfil the requirement of the contract we have with you.
How long we retain your information
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is required by any of those purposes, and once it is no longer required, then we will either permanently delete it or anonymise it to the extent that it is no longer personal information.
Information we may collect from you
During the process of registering you as a user of the WhiteHat services (as explained more fully in our Terms of Service) we will collect and process some or all of the following personal data about you:
Information you provide to us
- Personal Data: You may voluntarily decide to provide us with personal information about you by filling in forms on our site www.careerhacker.ai (our “Site”) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. You provide us with this information in order to receive information about new opportunities we are working on and career development guidance that may be of interest to you. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number, postcode, academic results, curriculum vitae, citizenship, right to work or visa status, personal description and photographs, video interviews, personality and psychometric test answers and results, as well as your previous employment history. We use this information to assess your eligibility for the apprenticeship opportunities and to communicate with you.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and WhiteHat employees and employers will be able to see it as part of your digital profile.
- If you provide us with your email address and / or phone number we may contact you by email, phone or SMS for these services. We may also use this information to send you content and recommendations based on your interests and on opportunities that may be of interest to you. You have the ability to amend and delete this information from your profile on this Site. We will inform you if we change the information we collect for these purposes or change the sub-processors we use as part of providing this service to you.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information collected by our services: including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit (log files): including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with other data which has been collected on this Site. We are also working closely with carefully selected third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use the personal information you provide to us?
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
Information you have provided to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by phone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Transfer of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of WhiteHat Group Ltd, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
By signing up to this Service you agree to allow WhiteHat to share your digital profile and contact details (email and phone number) with any potential employer for the purpose of providing a recruitment service and the Service to you. Information relating to National Insurance Number, Ethnicity, Passport, National ID or Visa details or Home Address will never be shared with Employers without your consent through the performance of a contract we have with you or where processing is required for compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Analytics & Site Optimisation
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site e.g. Google.
Processors, sub-processors & suppliers we work with
We have listed the third party processors, suppliers and sub-processors we currently work with. We ensure we have a written contract in place with any third party processor we use to ensure that the processor only acts on our written instruction, that we are confident in the security of the data we have shared, and that we can perform audits and inspections to ensure that the data we share with them is secure and they are compliant with relevant data protection laws. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us.
These suppliers and sub-processors include:
- MailChimp (Rocket Science Group LLC), used to send marketing communications to you either for legitimate business purposes to send you recommendations or information on opportunities associated with our recruitment services or where you have given your explicit consent for us to do so. Based in the United States. MailChimp complies with EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- Freshdesk (Freshworks Inc.), a customer support software used to communicate with users and track queries to ensure they are resolved, a company located in the United States that participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc which provides our cloud computing services. AWS complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- G Suite and Google Cloud Platform (Google Group), which provides cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products to us. Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- Typeform (Typeform S.L), an online form service we use to collect information from our users, suppliers and employers, which is located in Spain and which will be required to be compliant with European and Spanish data protection legislation, including the EU GDPR.
- Facebook Inc, a social network and advertising platform that allows us to communicate with you and advertise to prospective candidates, who are located in the United States, that participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- Outgrow, an online quiz and calculator building platform, used to build interactive content that helps you decide on your next career move, who are located in the United States, that participates in and is in the process of certifying its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- If WhiteHat, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. Ahead of the transfer of assets, customers will be informed of the acquisition and given the option to confirm or withdraw consent.
Legal requirements & other disclosures
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WhiteHat, our customers, or as required to fulfil the Prevent duty. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Passwords and Security
Where we have given you (or where you have selected) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and we accept no responsibility for any unauthorised access to your personal data if you do share your password or otherwise make your account accessible to third parties. If you suspect that your password has become known to another person or system, then you should contact us immediately.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to external websites
WhiteHat’s website and applications may include relevant links to external websites not controlled by WhiteHat. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences caused by your use of them. You are also advised to review the applicable privacy notices of third-party websites before deciding whether to share your personal data with them.
For personal information where we need your consent to process that information, you will need to reconsent when we change the information we collect, the basis on which we process it, and the subprocessors we use to process this data.
How to contact us
The Data Protection Manager
WhiteHat Group Ltd
119 Marylebone Road
If we do not address your request or fail to provide you with a valid reason why We have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them via the link below:
Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of two years.